SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 3 June 2011

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Rob Marshall, 2011)

pirates of the caribbean on stranger tides 2011 poster

Cast: Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Sam Claflin, Geoffrey Rush, Kevin McNally

Summary: Jack Sparrow and Barbossa embark on a quest to find the elusive fountain of youth, only to discover that Blackbeard and his daughter are after it too.

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Adventure


I absolutely loved the first two Pirate films (The Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest), but I didn't really get into At World's End and I thought it tended to drag a bit; but I still found myself excited to watch this new one.
However I must say that I didn't think this film would be as good as the previous ones as both Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly were not in it, but I think it was actually pretty good.

I wasn't 100% convinced with Penelope Cruz's character, there's clearly some kind of back story between her and Jack and I think they could have gone into a bit more detail as to what happened between them. Johnny Depp was excellent as usual but I don't think Penelope Cruz was quite able to match up to him.

Overall I thought it was a good film and I'm certainly excited to see the next one.

Also shame on you to those in the same screening as me who didn’t stay to watch the scene at the end of the film; real fans know that there has been a scene at the end of all the films.


My Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Quite Good

Post a Comment