SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Hanna (Joe Wright, 2011)

Hanna (2011) Film Poster

Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Cate Blanchett, Jason Flemyng, Jessica Barden, Michelle Dockery, Eric Bana

Summary: A 16-year-old who was raised by her father to be the perfect assassin is dispatched on a mission across Europe, tracked by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operatives.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller


Back in August (I know, that was a while ago now) I finally got round to watching Hanna after having it on my shelf for months, and I absolutely loved it!

For me Saoirse Ronan was perfect as the teenage assassin Hanna. Usually cool, calm and collected, her emotions are completely believable when she is put into totally unfamiliar surroundings, especially when she begins her journey and when she meets the outgoing British family on their holiday.
Personally I love Ronan as an actress especially after seeing her in The Lovely Bones and Atonement, which is also directed by Joe Wright.

I have to say that my favourite scenes are the ones with the abandoned theme park and the amazing Brothers Grimm, Hansel and Gretel themed house.
The film also features the soundtrack debut of The Chemical Brothers which I think is pretty cool after watching Tron Legacy, which of course was the Daft Punk’s soundtrack debut. Just in case you’re wondering, yes the Daft Punk soundtrack is brilliant.

Finally Ian Nathan sums up the film perfectly for me in his Hanna Review saying its “Hans Christian Andersen refitted with glocks, smart phones and satellite surveillance”



My Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: Brilliant

2 comments :

  1. ooh i really want to see this!
    -Kate, xo
    www.bleached-mort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's great

      Jaye x

      Delete