SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 24 January 2013

Empire's 2013 Oscar Winner Predictions

In exactly one month the Academy Awards will grace our screens (Sunday, February 24th) so I thought I would do a post on who Empire Magazine thinks will take home the award (Issue 283).


Best Picture
The Life of PI, Lincoln, Hitchcock, Les Misérables

 
 



Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence, Naomi Watts, Quvenshané Wallis

    
 Silver Linings Playbook, The Impossible, Beasts of the Southern Wild



Best Director
Ben Affleck- Argo

 


Best Supporting Actor
Tom Hanks- Cloud Atlas

 


Best Supporting Actress
Halle Berry- Cloud Atlas

 


Best Actor
Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, John Hawkes

 


Hitchcock is the only one out of the four that didn't receive a nomination for Best Picture. For me it's between Argo, Les Misérables, Lincoln and possibly Zero Dark Thirty and Django Unchained. By the way I've not actually seen any of these films yet (bad film student I know) so I don't know how good they are, but I am definitely going to watch Hitchcock when it's released.

Ben Affleck wasn't even nominated for an Oscar (such a shame), but you must read this article on How To Fix Oscar's Baffling Snub of Ben Affleck.
All three of the actresses’ received nominations, neither Tom Hanks or Halle Berry were nominated for the Best Supporting Awards and from the actors the only one to receive a nomination was Denzel Washington for his role in Flight, which is out February 1.

A full list of the categories and nominees can be found here: Oscar 2013 Nominees.


 
P.S. I accidently deleted all my replies to the lovely comments I received now it looks like I ignore everyone's comments (oops).

Post a Comment