SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 20 February 2013

What I'm Excited to See | The Mortal Instruments



I used to read a teen magazine called Sugar a few years ago called Sugar (which closed in 2011 and became sugarscape.com, which I think is now part of Cosmopolitan?).
Anyway, they had a small book section every month and this is where I first discovered The Mortal Instruments. It definitely sounded like my kind of book so I gave it a read and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Sometime last year that I went online to find out when the next book was being released. Not only did I find that out, but also that there was going to be two more books in the Mortal Instruments series, a sequel series set five years in the future featuring both new and old characters, a set of prequels (The Infernal Devices) the first of which I have already read and finally a film!!!

Mind officially blown!! A film! I couldn’t believe it. This is what I wanted, one of my favourite books to be made into a film. Now months later I’ve just watched the trailer and I'm even more excited then I was before.

The film is based on the first book in the Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones) which tells the story of fifteen-year-old Clary Fray, who discovers she is a Shadowhunter after witnessing a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons.
Not everyone's type of book but it definitely is a favourite of mine.

The film is scheduled for release on 23rd August 2013, so I’m going to re-read the first 3 books and try to read the fourth before it’s released.

Are you excited to see this?


Post a Comment