SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 3 March 2013

Life as a Film Student- #3

The past two weeks have been real stressful, firstly my reading week where we get a week off to catch up with any reading (which I've never done) or any essays. Now this would have been the first reading week where I didn't actually have to do any work but instead I spent it worrying about my production module and getting people to come to our casting day. Secondly coming back to uni this week I was stressing about the essay I was struggling to write, plus really starting to dislike my uni choice and more production work!!! Now I don't have as much going on I'm feeling much better.
But let's go back to where I left off in the last Life as post.

The screening of our When Harry Met Sally exercise went down pretty well with the class and the tutors and we got some good feedback on it. It's not been put online yet but when it is I'll see if I can put it up here.
Before we finished the exercise we made a final decision on what we were going to do for our final production and we decided on doing a dinner table scene from American History X (Tony Kaye, 1998). After a lot of transcribing, meetings with Paul Tickell and group meetings in the cafe we finally got our script done and decided on anglicizing the scene. It's probably too long for a 5-8 minute scene but we can cut bits out during rehearsals.
american history x still
Now the next step was to cast our 6 actors, 3 women and 3 men. We put up adverts on Mandy.com, Starnow and Castingcallpro and we got a lot of responses, mostly from girls wanting to play the role of the younger sister or girlfriend, we also got a few responses from people wanting to play the role of Derek, but hardly anyone got back to us about the role of the mother, her youngest son and her boyfriend.

Our first actual casting day wasn't the best, some people didn't turn up (and didn't even bother to let us know they weren't coming) so we spent ages just hanging out in the room. Because we barely saw anyone on Monday we had to a last minute second casting on Wednesday which went a lot better. Everyone who said they were going to come actually did come and at around 6pm we decided on 5 of the people we wanted. We still don't have anyone to play the role of the mother's boyfriend so we are holding a final casting day tomorrow and hopefully we'll find someone.

That's it for now. More next time and I'll make sure to take pictures of everything that's going on.


4 comments :

  1. Hey darling!
    Wondering if you would like to follow each other?
    Please let me know, i follow back right away!
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been silently following your blog. Mind if we make things official and follow each other? Thanks! http://thefilmpolice.blogspot.com/

    P.S. Overcome the stress. I've decided it's the primary thing in nearly every field anyone wants to enter. If you come past through it, you'll do okay. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete