SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge | May

So we're almost halfway through the year and I'm making really good process with my Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge. In my April Goodreads Reading Challenge I doubled my goal to 100 after reading 47 books, and as of today (June 6th) I have read a total of 58 books.

So that's a total of 17 books read in May, well it's actually 18 but I wasn't able to include one as it isn’t' on the Goodreads site. I'm now on 15,463 pages, 15 books ahead of schedule and the longest book I've read is It's Not Me It's You at 544 pages.


If I Break Series | If I Break, Almost Broken and Beautifully Broken (5*) (Portia Moore) - I thoroughly enjoyed these books so much so that I (once again) stayed up all night reading them. I thought that the story was really interesting and definitely not something that I was expecting. Things did start to become a little unbelievable in the last book but I can look past that because as a whole they were still really good. Definitely 3 books of the month.

The Maze Runner (5*) (James Dashner) - I really, really wanted to watch the film with my Aunt when it came out last year but I promised myself that I would read the book before I watched the film. A few weeks after reading the book I watched the film with my parents, and as good as the film is I think the book is way better. The books makes things so much clearer and explains them in more detail. I think I'm going to wait until just before the next film comes out before I read the next book.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (5*) (Stieg Larson) - This is another book of the month. I've had this book sitting on my kindle for a good couple of months as I pretty much avoided reading it for some strange reason. When I did start reading it I was unimpressed by the estimated 11 hours i would take me to read it, as well as the fact that the first few chapters was mostly made up of inner monologue. It took me a few days to get used to it but when I did I thought the book was absolutely fantastic, it was an incredible read. Also I'm pretty sure it took me way longer than 11 hours to read over a week.

600 Hours of Edward and Edward Adrift (4.5*) (Edward Lancaster) - I really fell in love with Edward in these stories, I feel like he was easy to relate to which I think is really good considering his various mental health issues. I was up all night reading the second book so I was happy to find out that there will be a third book. I did find the parts about Dragnet and the Dallas Cowboys super boring but it was still a good read.

58 books down, 42 to go. What books are you reading?
Let me know!


Post a Comment