SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 1 August 2016

Red Dawn (Dan Bradley, 2012)


Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Josh Peck, Josh Hutcherson, Isabel Lucas, Connor Cruise, Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Summary: A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.

Genre: Action

Watched: July 4th


I think this is the 9th film I've watched this year about some sort of invasion, alien and human. It's starting to become an obsession.

I haven't seen the original Red Dawn so I didn't really know what to expect. I had however read some reviews saying that the film wasn't good, so to be honest I wasn't expecting much from.

I liked the film, I thought most of it was okay but there were definitely a few problems.
I really like Chris Hemsworth, but I wasn't too keen on him in this and I found a lot of the acting questionable, especially when it came to Josh Peck. His speech at the end was just terrible.
Red Dawn (2012) Still
The biggest problem for me was the time scale, I just didn't get it. It's not made at all clear how long it takes for everything to happen (or exactly what is happening), maybe I wasn't paying attention and I missed something important (highly unlikely).

It feels as though everything takes place within about a week, which I think is just a little bit too fast.


Rating: 5/10
One Final Word: Okay

Post a Comment