SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 23 September 2016

Lucy (Luc Besson, 2014)


Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman, Choi Min-sik, Amr Waked

Summary: A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

Genre: Action, Sci-fi

Watched: August 2nd, 2016


I managed to watch this on the bus (they had TV’s in the back of the seats!) during our failed trip to Vienna (more on that in another post).

I had actually gone out and bought this DVD a few months ago because I thought the cover looked really cool, but as usual I never got round to watching it and this was one of the few films in English so I decided I might as well watch it then.

Personally I think this is such an interesting idea for a film and the opening sequence is brilliant. My three favourite scenes are definitely the earlier ones where Lucy is kidnapped, when she wakes up in a hotel room alone, and when the experimental drug enters her system.
Lucy (2014) Film Still I really enjoyed Scarlett Johansson's performance in this; I loved watching her become a little less human and more robotic as the drug took hold.

The biggest downside for me was that towards the end of the film everything started to become a bit of a jumbled mess, I started to lose focus and didn't fully understand everything that was happening. There was too much going on all at once.
All in all I think it's a pretty good film, definitely one I would recommend and definitely one I would watch again.


Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment