SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 8 September 2016

Pacific Rim (Guillermo del Toro, 2013)


Cast: Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, Max Martini, Robert Kazinsky, Clifton Colins Jr, Burn Gorman

Summary: As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.

Genre: Sci-fi, Action

Watched: August 2nd, 2016


This is the second film I managed to watch last month during Slovakia trip.

I remember being really excited to watch this but as usual I never bothered going to the cinema to watch it. I do this 99% of the time, nowadays because going to the cinema now seems to require so much effort, its super expensive and I can never find people to go with me.

I absolutely loved the opening sequence of the Kaiju attack in San Francisco, the fight scenes looked incredible; heck the visuals a s a whole looked amazing, but after seeing the beauty of films like Pan's Labyrinth and Hell Boy, I wouldn't expect anything less from Guillermo de Toro.
I definitely didn't expect it to be as emotional as it was. I'm not going to lie, I did tear up a few times but especially in the scene where we visit Mako's childhood and I absolutely loved the relationship between Mako and Stacker.

I do have to say though the biggest downside for me was the acting, I found a lot of it to be a bit off especially with Robert Kazinsky's, there were a few others but his performance stood out the most for me.

All in all I really enjoyed it and I'm totally looking forward to the sequel.


Rating: 8/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment