SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 1 November 2016

The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan, 2008)

The Happening (2008) Poster
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, John Leguizamo, Ashlyn Sanchez

Summary: A science teacher, his wife, and a young girl struggle to survive a plague that causes those infected to commit suicide.

Genre: Sci-fi, Thriller


I really liked this film; my sister was the one who recommended it to me because she really liked it.

Personally I think this film is a bit like marmite, people either love it or hate it, although to be honest I've heard more about how people didn't like it.
I am definitely one of the (few?) people who absolutely loved it and not just because it stars one of my absolute favourites, Mark Wahlberg.

A good couple of years after I had first seen the film, I read an article on Games Rader called, Is it just me? or is The Happening a half-decent movie?.
I'm not entirely sure how I found this but I am so glad that I did, because this article is just brilliant and I completely agree with it. I definitely think that people who didn't like the film (or even if they did like it) should give this article a read, because i think it raises some valid points.
The Happening (2008) Still The first half of the film is actually pretty decent, it certainly is my favourite part of the movie. The opening for me is just brilliant, I love everything about it and I think it was a great way to set up the story.

Yes the film does turn into a bit of a mess towards the end and the acting is very weak in parts especially from Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel, but it really isn't as bad as a lot of people have made it out to be.


Rating: 6/10
One Final Word: Okay

Written by
Bloglovin' || Google+ || Instagram || Lookbook

Post a Comment