SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 25 December 2016

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Daniel Alfredson, 2009)

The Girl Who Played With Fire (2009) Poster

Cast: Noomi Rapace, Michael Nyqvist, Lena Endre, Peter Andersson, Per Oscarsson, Georgi Staykov

Summary: As computer hacker Lisbeth and journalist Mikael investigate a sex-trafficking ring, Lisbeth is accused of three murders, causing her to go on the run while Mikael works to clear her name.

Genre: Crime, Mystery, Drama

Watched: October 15th, 2016


I read the first book in the Millennium Series (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) back in May last year when I was doing my Goodreads Reading Challenge.

When I finally got round to reading it, after the first few pages I was told that it would take me around 11 hours to finish (I was reading it on my kindle), and after reading a few chapters I was just about ready to give up and start reading something else.

I had nothing to read on one of my long bus journey's so I decided to give it another go and I ended up absolutely loving it. I then said to myself that I would read the next two books (The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) before watching the films.

I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sometime last year and I thought it was absolutely brilliant, so when I finally sat down to watch The Girl Who Played with Fire (I watched the Swedish versions) I was definitely expecting big things and I wasn't disappointed.
The Girl Who Played With Fire (2009) Still
To be honest it's kind of hard to review this film separately from the others as all three films link in with each other. Although technically a sequel this film is a bridge between the first and last film and the final film continues on from the end of the second film.

Unlike the first film which focuses more on the case they're investigating, The Girl Who Played with Fire tells us much more about Lisbeth and some of her childhood.
If you've never read any of the books the films are very easy to follow; however I would definitely recommend reading them, as the books goes in to a lot more detail then the films.

Although I think Dragon Tattoo is better, I still think this one packs a punch.


Rating: 8/10
One Final Word: Very Good


Oh and Merry Christmas!


Post a Comment