SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 18 February 2017

Timeshifters (Cathy Scorsese and Kenneth M. Waddell, 2015)


Cast: Jesse McCartney, Hannah Hodson, Alice Kremelberg, Ritesh Rajan and Conor Leslie

Summary: When one of their classmates disintegrates right before their eyes, Ari, Becca, Izzy, Greta and Arun must battle security, the Griefers and each other to uncover the incredible truth about themselves and this other-worldly campus before they are all eliminated.

Genre: Sci-fi, Action

Watched: December 26th, 2016

Also Known As: Campus Code


I bought this film a few months ago on one of my trips to HMV, which typically involves me buying films that I've never heard of before because the cover looks interesting. This was definitely one of those times.

Unfortunately that didn't really work out for me this time! The first thing that clued us into the fact that this film was going to be a whole load of rubbish wasn't even the film itself, but the trailers.
The first one started and it looked as though it was made on a budget of about £1, then there was the awful, awful acting.

In the space of about 2 minutes I knew that by the time the film started we wouldn't be able to watch it, but I said to my family let's give it 10 minutes and if it's really as bad as it seems we'll watch something else.
I don't think we even made it 10 minutes before I begged my mum to turn it off and I ended up watching it by myself later that evening.
The acting was absolutely horrendous for pretty much the whole film, the plot is just awful and the special effects made me want to cry.
The worst part of all is the fact that, that DVD I liked so much actually has nothing whatsoever to do with the film!

As bad as I thought it was while I was watching it, as soon as it finished I thought wait a minute, it's not actually that bad. I mean it is but the idea is very interesting and I think that if the story was written better, had a proper budget and better actors etc. it would maybe make an interesting pilot for a perhaps TV series.
Possibly, who knows?

It reminds me of a film called Parallels (2015), which I thought was amazing but was an awful film and I say that because it has one of the most abrupt endings I've ever seen in a film and it feels more like a pilot for a new show.
Which I've just found out is that it is actually now being made into a series!


Rating: 3/10
One Final Word: Has Potential

Post a Comment