SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 13 May 2017

Landmine Goes Click (Levan Bakhia, 2015)

Landmine Goes Click (2015) Poster

Cast: Sterling Knight, Spencer Locke, Dean Geyer and Kote Tolordava

Summary: Trapped standing on an armed landmine, an American tourist is forced to watch helplessly while his friend is terrorized and brutally assaulted.

Genre: Action, Drama

Watched: March 6th, 2017

I've said this before but most of the films I've been watching recently have been thanks to thanks to Netflix and the Horror channel and this is another one of them!
I was flicking through the TV looking for a film to watch when I saw this title on the horror channel. I read the description and I thought it sounded interesting so I sat down to watch it, although I have to admit I wasn't actually expecting much.

American tourists and best friends Daniel (Dean Geyer), Alicia (Spencer Locke) and Chris (Stirling Knight) are back-packing in the Georgian mountains, where we learn that Daniel and Alicia are soon to be married but she and Chris have recently had an affair.
Chris, who is going to be the best man at the wedding, comes across as though he wants to be in a relationship with Alicia and is desperate to fess up to Daniel, while Alicia calls it a mistake and is desperately trying to forget about the whole thing.

I thought, I can see where this is going!
Or could I?

After meeting up with friend and colleague Devi (Giorgi Tsaava), who agrees to take a picture of the group, Chris steps on a landmine, thought to have been left behind after some unrest in the area.

Now I don't want to reveal too much of what happens because it would spoil the film for those who haven't seen it, but shortly after Devi runs for help Chris and Alicia find themselves alone, until hunter Ilya (Kote Tolordava) and his dog discover the pair.
At first Iyla is seems intent on helping the pair, but Chris and Alicia soon discover that he would rather terrorize the two, playing some sort of sadistic game which leads to violence and the brutal rape of Alicia.
Landmine Goes Click (2015)
Also just to clear something up, the description of the film on IMDB and the horror channel both say that the American tourist is forced to watch as his girlfriend is terrorized, but Alicia isn't actually Chris' girlfriend.

All in all the film was much better than expected and I thought the last 20 minutes or so were very good, but I did have a few problems with the film.

I found the acting to be a little bit iffy at times (I've been saying that a lot recently), for the most part it's okay but it's definitely more noticeable in the first sequence. I also think the film is too long. The whole sequence when the pair are dealing with Ilya is way too drawn out for me and to be honest I think the story would have been much better suited to a short film.

And lastly the story seems just a little bit too unbelievable for me. I think it would have played out better if Chris and Daniel swapped places but unfortunately for me to fully explain why I would have to give way spoilers!

Has anyone seen this? What did you think?
Let me know!


Rating: 6.5/10
One Final Word: Good

Post a Comment