SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 8 July 2010

Oldboy (Park Chan-Wook, 2003)

Oldboy (2005) Poster

Cast: Choi Min-sik, Ji-tae Yoo, Kang Hye-jung and Yoon Jin-seo

Summary: After being kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years, Oh Dae-Su is released, only to find that he must find his captor in 5 days.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Drama


This is another film that I watched as part of my A Level Film Studies class again on Auteur's.

Old Boy is one of three films from The Vengeance Trilogy all directed by Park Chan-Wook and all with the common theme of revenge. This is the only one I've seen and if this films is anything to go by I'm sure the other two are brilliant.

I thought this film was absolutely fantastic. When the film started none of us in the class had any idea about what to expect, I know I certainly wasn't expecting what I saw. The film definitely packs one hell of a punch with its reveal moment, not the main reveal but you'll know it when it comes.

My friend and I thought we had figured out the main twist quite early on in the film, and when everything was revealed we were amazed/shocked/disgusted when we realised we were right, especially when we thought about some of the earlier scenes.
Oldboy (2003) Still
This is definitely a film I would recommend. It's a great watch, now just to see the other two films.


My Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: Excellent

Post a Comment