SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 10 August 2010

2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)


Cast: Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood

Summary: Humanity finds a mysterious, obviously artificial object buried beneath the Lunar surface and, with the intelligent computer H.A.L. 9000, sets off on a quest.

Genre: Sci-Fi, Mystery


The only reason I bought this film was because my media teacher said that it is one of the greatest films ever made, and I thought oh let me give this a watch then.

I didn't like the film and most of the time it was just background noise. I was completely confused, I didn't understand half of what was going on and to make it worse there was no talking for the majority of the film which made it even harder for me to try and follow what was happening.

I do have to admit that although I lost interest pretty quickly the one thing that I did like was the sound, and how different sounds were used like speech and to identify various items.


My Rating: 2/10

Post a Comment