SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 11 February 2011

Right At Your Door (Chris Gorak, 2006)

Right at your door 2006 poster

Cast: Mary McCormak, Rory Cochrane, Max Kasch, Tony Perez, Scotty Noyd Jr.

Summary: A series of dirty bombs are set of in Los Angeles, jamming freeways and spreading a toxic cloud.

Genre: Thriller, Drama


I really loved this film but it also freaked me out, films that deal with the threat of the unknown don't always do but this threat seems more possible then some of the others. I like how it's a film where you're not actually situated in the center of the disaster but rather on the outskirts looking in, waiting for it to reach you.

Everything happens so fast. Within 7 minutes the story gets going and is largely set in a single location. I think that one of people's worst fear/nightmare has to be not being able to get in contact with someone you love during a disaster such as this, and this is shown so well in the film. You can see the frustration, the helplessness Brad (Rory Cochrane) feels unable to contact his wife and unable to leave his house.

I think this film is one that makes you question if you would have done the same things as some of the characters, how would you react in such a situation, how far would you go to save a loved one.

There were definitely somethings that I didn't get the first time like who people were and there are some people I want to know more about like Rich.

All in all I thought the performances were very good, and as much as I love this film I don't think it'll become one of my most watched because the whole concept terrifies me.


My Rating: 8/10
One Final Word: Possible!

Post a Comment