SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 18 February 2011

The Ruins (Carter Smith, 2008)

The Ruins (2008) Poster

Cast: Jonathan Tucker, Jena Malone, Shawn Ashmore, Laura Ramsey, Joe Anderson

Summary: A group of friends leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they, along with a fellow tourist embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something lurks among the ruins.

Genre: Horror, Thriller


“This doesn’t happen. Four Americans on vacation don’t just disappear”

I happened to catch this film on television one night just as the title came up and I thought I have nothing else to watch so I might as well give this a go and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

As you know I’m not a horror film fan so if I had known what is was about I probably wouldn't have watched it, but I'm glad I did. It's definitely your typical American's abroad horror films, with the hot young Americans, exotic location and lots of suspense.
At first I thought that the plot was somewhat unbelievable and that the film could've been better but when I watched it again I realised that I actually quite liked the story, I think it's interesting. The whole idea of the films villain is quite strange but it's done so well that I totally believed it could be real.

The Ruins (2008) Still All in all I really liked this film, I love Jena Malone she does a really, really great job. Now I'm thinking that I should go and read the book.


My Rating: 7/10

Post a Comment