SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 29 November 2012

Winter Special: Must-See Tv Shows

Another awesome thing I found in Empire a few weeks back was this special on Tv shows, but most of the shows have already started and some even finished (oops). So for now here are the ones that I have been watching recently.

I was actually going to do this on Tuesday but I had an essay to write on Spaghetti westerns to write, anyone a fan of these?

The Walking Dead
Channel (UK): FX (Sky 124, Virgin Media 158)

Cast: Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun and so many more!!

Created by: Frank Darabont

Plot: Former Sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes awakens from a coma into a world by the walking dead. Returning home to find his wife and son missing Rick heads to Atlanta to find them.

I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to watching new TV shows. I missed the first few episodes of the first season that I still haven't watched, but I then watched the whole of the second season, but now I've only just watched the first episode of season three and I don't know when I'll watch the rest. Walking Dead marathon day anyone?


Continum (Season 1)
Channel (UK): FX (Sky 114, Virgin Media 135)

Cast: Rachel Nichols, Victor Webster, Erik Knudsen, Stephen Lobo, Tony Amendola and many more!!

Created by: Simon Barry

Plot: A police officer from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver, searching for a group of ruthless criminals from the future.

I had no idea about this program, I only started watching it a few weeks back when my parents watched an episode but that was like 3 or 4 episodes in. I'm not a big fan of the acting but it's still an interesting program so I need to catch up on this one too.


Arrow (Season 1)
Channel (UK): FX (Sky 106, Virgin Media 121)

Cast: Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susanna Thompson, Paul Blackthorne and many more!!

Developed by: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg

Plot: After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing, presumed dead. After 5 years on a remote island he returns home to fight crime and corruption in his home town.

For the past 10 years Smallville was my life, I loved Clark Kent but I loved Oliver Queen as well so when I heard about this program I just had to watch it. I like the program but I can't help thinking that it's not Smallville and I prefer Justin Hartley as Oliver.

But anyway enough of my rambling what do you guys think of these shows?

1 comment :

  1. I haven't watched the first two, or Smallville, but I love Arrow. It's really one of the three shows I watch on TV. I think it's great, it does have it's problems, but I love it so far.

    ReplyDelete