SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 17 February 2013

Beauty and the Beast (2012 TV series)


Cast: Kristen Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Jay Ryan, Max Brown

Summary: A beautiful detective falls in love with an ex-soldier who goes into hiding from the secret government organization that turned him into a mechanically charged beast.


I read somewhere that there was going to be a TV show adaptation of Beauty and the Beast so I decided to do some investigating and went-a-searching on the internet for the UK premier date, unfortunately it had yet to receive one.
Then a couple weeks later I saw an advert at the train station that said it was being shown on Watch at 9pm on Wednesdays.

My mum, dad and I sat down to watch the pilot episode last Saturday (26/01) and all I can say is that I have never been so disappointed with a program in my 19 years of living.

Okay well maybe that's not entirely true, remember Lost (2004-2010)?

Firstly the acting was horrendous particularly with Kristin Kreuk and her partner Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello).
Secondly the plot is just terrible. The pilot explains how the two (Beauty and the Beast) first encountered each other and then for some unexplainable reason skips ahead 10 years, but when we're reintroduced to the characters it feel like something is missing.

I don't want to give too much away about what happens but in my opinion the script is pretty poor. plot moves way to fast, ridiculously fast in fact.
The plot moves way too fast, ridiculously fast in fact, so fast that it feels as though you've missed a couple of episodes and everything about Catherine and Vincent to me feels unrealistic and ungenuine (is this a word?).


Has anyone seen it? If you have leave me a comment!

Post a Comment