SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 18 November 2013

30 Movies That Aren't As Bad As You Remember - Part 2

Part 2 of this mega cool article from Total Film on Movies That Aren't As Bad As You Remember.
You can read Part 1 here.

14. The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
13. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
12. Waterworld (1995)

Josh Winning makes a good point here about Matrix saying that it set the bar so high that there was no where for it to go but down, although the action still manages to pack a punch. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure this is my favourite Star Wars movie, probably because it's because it was always on TV.

11. Mystery Men (1999)
10. Superman III (1983)
9. Grown Ups (2010)


8. Hulk (2003)
7. Speed Racer (2008)
6. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)

Ah The Hulk my friend we meet again. I talked a teeny bit about it in this Most Hated post but I've been thinking recently that I ought to give it another watch and see how I feel about it now.

5. The Exorcist III (1990)
4. Last Action Hero (1993)
3. Alien3

Okay so this is awful but I haven't seen any of the Exorcist (for good reason) or Aliens films, I have been meaning to watch Alien but as usual I haven't got round to it.
EDIT: I typed this up a few weeks ago and never posted it, but I finally managed to get a chance to watch Alien!

 
2. Plan 9 From Outer Space
1. Superman Returns


2 comments :

  1. I totally agree with The Hulk, regardless of its low ratings. I actually loved this movie, and it's one of my favourite super hero films. The Hulk is so different, and show's the psychological story of the hulk. It illustrates him through struggle, and shows he's humanistic qualities. Although it is different, It has definitely grown on me over the years. Great List!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't got round to watching it again but I totally agree, The Hulk feels different to other comic book films.

      Loving your blog!!

      Delete