SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 22 February 2016

Act Of Valor (Mike McCoy & Scott Waugh, 2011)

Acot of Valor (2011) Poster

Cast: Jason Cottle, Rorke Denver, Alex Veadov, Roselyn Sánchez, Nestor Serrano

Summary: An elite team of Navy SEALs embark on a covert mission to recover a kidnapped CIA agent.

Genre: Action, War

Watched: January 9th, 2016


I really, really enjoyed this film. It's not often that I choose to watch war films and to be perfectly honest this film had been sitting in my Netflix watch list for months before I finally sat down and started to watch it (this is after attempting to watch several other films first).

I was totally expecting this film to be a bunch of rubbish, but I was hooked from the word go! I even tried watching the film while making cupcakes, but sadly the film won. I thought the action sequences looked absolutely incredible and I loved the authentic military language.

The film uses real Navy Seals (hence the super authentic language) but that brings me to the biggest downside of the film, the acting. There are times (quite a few I have to say) when the acting is incredibly rubbish, because obviously the Navy Seals aren't real actors so some things come across as un-genuine and super awkward.

Terrible acting aside, I still really, really liked this film and I would watch it again.


Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: Very, Very Good

Post a Comment