SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 25 March 2016

Goosebumps (Rob Letterman, 2015)

Goosebumps (2015) Poster

Cast: Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, Amy Ryan, Ryan Lee, Jillian Bell

Summary: A teenager teams up with the daughter of young adult horror author R. L. Stine after the writer's imaginary demons are set free on the town of Madison, Delaware.

Genre: Family, Comedy, Adventure

Watched: February 28th, 2016


"Every story ever told can be broken down into three parts. The beginning. The middle. And the twist."


When I heard that a Goosebumps film was being released I was super, super excited!! I spent many a day watching the TV series when I was younger (even though a lot of it totally scared the bejeebers out of me).

It was sometime in January (I think) when I discovered that Netflix was showing all 4 seasons of the show plus a few other TV episodes/films, so I decided to refresh my memory by watching every episode before seeing the film. Cut to maybe a month or so later and I was movie ready.
Goosebumps (2010) Still
I really, really enjoyed this film; it's one of the few films where I've actually laughed out loud. I'm glad I decided to watch the TV series before the film; although I think it would have been better if I had read the books (although that probably would've been a bit too expensive).
Luckily I was able to recognize a few of the characters for some of the episodes I had watched.


Rating: 9/10

Post a Comment