SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 26 January 2017

Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (Kiah Roache-Turner, 2014)

Wyrmwood Road of the Dead (2015) Poster

Cast: Jay Gallagher, Bianca Bradey, Leon Burchill, Luke McKenzie, Yure Covich

Summary: A talented mechanic prepares to battle his way through hordes of flesh-eating monsters after his sister is kidnapped on the eve of a zombie apocalypse.

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Watched: October 29th, 2016


Just like Netflix, the Horror Channel has become a good friend to me during my 150 film challenge.

I saw the advert for this film a few days before it came on TV and I thought this looks interesting, I'll definitely give that a watch and it was absolutely brilliant!

It's an interesting take on the zombie genre, which we know has absolutely been done to death.
We are thrown straight into the story with absolutely no information as to where we are or any explanation as to what's happening.
The actors were very good. I had no idea who any of them were but they did an absolutely fantastic job. Benny (Leon Burchill) was definitely my favourite character, he provided some much needed comic relief from the second he came on screen.

The script was a little bit off at times, but this is definitely a film that doesn't take itself too seriously so it's easy to brush it off. Also I'm not normally big on cinematography but it definitely gets a thumbs up from me here.



Rating: 8/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment