SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 15 July 2017

TV | Attack on Titan (2013)

Attack on Titan Tv Show

Japanese Cast: Yūki Kaji, Yui Ishikawa, Marina Inoue.

American Cast: Bryce Papenbrook, Trina Nishimura, Josh Grelle.

Summary: After his hometown is destroyed and his mother is killed, young Eren Jaegar vows to cleanse the earth of the giant humanoid Titans that have brought humanity to the brink of extinction.

Genre: Action, Adventure

Seasons: 1 and 2 (currently showing)


Attack on Titan is based on a manga comic of the same name that tells the story of a world where humanity lives in cities surrounded by three gigantic walls, the outer Wall Maria, the middle Wall Rose and the inner Wall Sheena. These walls are used to protect humanity from titans, giant humanoid creatures who eat humans for unknown reasons.
The majority of people inside the walls have never seen a titan and have lived a life of relative peace, but when a giant 60-meter Colossus titan mysteriously appears and breaches the outer Wall Maria, hundreds of smaller titans invade the town of Shiganshina.

The story initially focuses on Eren Jaeger, his adopted sister Mikasa Ackermann and their childhood friend Armin Arlelt, whose homes are destroyed in the Shiganshina titan attack. Eren and Mikasa's mother is also killed in the attack, which leads Eren (followed by Mikasa and Armin) to enlist in the military as he vows to kill them all.

It sounds pretty bizarre and I thought I would hate it straight away but I absolutely loved it! I was hooked from the first episode after hearing the first line of the theme song "Guren no Yumiya" (Crimson Bow and Arrow), "Are We The Pray? No We Are The Hunters!"
I was so upset when the theme tune changed after the first 13 episodes, but after watching a few more episodes I fell in love with the new theme song, "Die Flügel der Freiheit" (Wings of Freedom).
Attack on Titan Still
I did get a little bit confused at times, as the episode are roughly 20-25mins long I felt like a lot of information was squashed so I felt as though I had missed a few important details. I also found myself struggling to keep track of who is who as more characters are introduced when the story jumps ahead 5 years after the attack in Shiganshina.

I also watched the dubbed version rather then original Japanese as we weren't able to read the subtitles at the time. To be honest I probably wouldn't have watched the Japanese version anyway.

I really enjoy the story and I can't wait to see what happens in season 2, but I'll definitely by watching season one again to make sure I understand everything!


Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Great!

Post a Comment