SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Best Films of Total Films Life: Part 2

Original article can be found here.
Best Films of TF Life 1
25. City of God (2002)
24. The Lives of Others (2006)
23. L.A. Confidential (1997)
22. Donnie Darko (2001)

I haven't seen any of these. I say that a lot in these posts, I think some people would be pretty disgraceful to know that I haven't seen Donnie Darko.

Best Films of TF Life 2
21. Rushmore (1998)
20.WALL.E (2008)
19. Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind (2004)
18. Kill Bill Vol 1/2 (2003-2004)

Again not seen any of these. Rushmore was one the films we had to watch one week at UNI, but I missed the screening as I was away essay writing. I do have Kill Bill on DVD so hopefully I'll get to watch it at some point. EDIT (2016): I finally got round to watching both parts of Kill Bill and they were pretty good.

Best Films of TF Life 3
17. Caché (Hidden, 2005)
16. No Country For Old Men (2007)
15. Thin Red Line (1998)
14. The Matrix (1999)

Finally some films I've seen. Caché was a film we were required to watch on my Holocaust and French Colonialism course which I thought was really interesting, as when I've learnt about the holocaust in the past it's only been from a Jewish or German point of view. Caché is a brilliant film but it's one you have to watch very carefully as it is quite confusing at times.

The Matrix needs no discussion, its amazingness speaks for itself.

Best Films of TF Life 4
13. Zodiac (2007)
12. Dead Man's Shoes (2004)
11. The White Ribbon (2009)
10. Oldboy (2003)

I have seen both Dead Man's Shoes and Oldboy a few years ago as part of my Film course at Sixth Form. I didn't know anything about Dead Man's Shoes but I was pleasantly surprised, all the twists and turns and the BIG reveal left me speechless. Talking of speechlessness, Oldboy..... wow, just wow. Hands down one of the best films I have ever seen. Read my Oldboy review!

Best Films of TF Life 5
9. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
8. Lost In Translation (2003)
7. Fight Club (1999)
6. The Dark Knight (2008)

I've actually seen all of these films (for once). Pan's Labyrinth and Fight Club were again watched in my Film class at Sixth Form. I remember watching Pan's Labyrinth and sitting next to one of my best friends and being nervous because I thought it was a horror film. It does have some horror-like elements but at the end of the film I was just heartbroken. It's a fantastic film that you NEED to watch. (Pan's Labyrinth review)

Fight Club, Fight Club what can I say. Well I'm not actually allowed to talk about Fight Club but I will say that I do have a crush on Mr Ed Norton :)

Funnily enough as awesome as I think the Batman films are I've only seen each of them once. (The Dark Knight review)

Best Films of TF Life 6
5. Mulholland Drive (2001)
4. Magnolia (1999)
3. There Will Be Blood (2007)
2. Memento (2000)

I started watching Mulholland Drive in Sixth Form (again), I actually started watching it by myself as I was the first one to get my coursework finished but I never actually finished watching it. Fast forward 3/4 years and it popped up again at Uni as required watching, but once again I never finished watching it I didn't even get up to where I left off the first time.

I think I've talked about Memento here before, it's one of my favourite films that you have to watch twice for it to make some sort of sense. (Memento review)

Best Films of TF Life 7
1. The Lord of The Rings Trilogy

I'm sorry to admit I'm not the biggest Lord of The Rings fan. I've seen all the films the first one is amazing of course, but I've never liked the final one. My absolute favourite is The Two Towers mostly for the final fight sequecnce which I've watched way too many times to count.

I certainly have no interest in seeing The Hobbit.

Post a Comment